The summer is an ideal period of the year for numerous outdoor activities, including many that involve physical exertion, but this also makes it a prime time of year for certain injuries that lead to varying pain and discomfort symptoms. Some of these issues may be due to poor posture or technique during activity, while others may trace back to specific overuse injuries or related themes.
At Foundation Chiropractic, we’re here to help. We offer a huge range of chiropractic services, from postural analysis and manual chiropractic treatments for chronic pain to car accident and whiplash treatment for those who have recently been in a collision. For many clients, our services become particularly beneficial during the summer. Here are some common summer injury types we often help treat symptoms of, plus some tips our chiropractors will offer those with chronic pain or other related issues for warding off symptoms during the summer.
Common Summer Injuries
There are a number of injuries that become more common in many individuals during the summer part of the year. These include:
- Back pain: Whether you’re on a trip and relaxing or taking part in summer-specific outdoor activities, there are several risks to the back. Many let their posture and related themes slip badly while on vacation, for one, and outdoor activities always carry the risk of injury.
- Knee injury: For those who exercise often during summer, it’s possible to develop an imbalance between the legs that leads to knee injury.
- Plantar fasciitis: Do you like to walk, jog or run outside regularly in the summer? Keep an eye out for plantar fasciitis, an injury to the bottom of the foot that leads to inflammation and pain.
- Rotator cuff: Activities like swimming, gardening and certain other sports involving the arms could lead to rotator cuff injuries in the shoulder.
Luckily, chiropractic treatment is able to address each of these injuries and many others. Our chiropractors will trace the root of the concern and work to remedy the underlying causes, helping reduce pain and discomfort.
Areas to Promote
Beyond regular chiropractic appointments, however, there are several themes you can promote that will please your chiropractor and help with staying pain-free this summer:
- Keep posture and spinal health in mind, even if you’re taking a trip or relaxing. Avoid bending, twisting or placing undue pressure on the spine, especially if you’ve had back pain issues in the past.
- Get enough sleep on a nightly basis to allow the body to recover, plus limit stress that can increase pain and inflammation throughout the body.
- Maintain your overall health, including areas like proper diet and nutrition.
For more on how to limit common summer injuries and how chiropractic care helps in this realm, or to learn about any of our chiropractic services, speak to the staff at Foundation Chiropractic today.