Dr. Jeff Brown and Dr. Scott Harris may perform an orthopedic exam to diagnose specific musculoskeletal problems, conditions or injuries. Orthopedic exams are often helpful in identifying specific problems that limit your range of motion or cause you significant pain or discomfort. We welcome you to call Foundation Chiropractic Clinic at 801-226-2606 to schedule your consultation with our chiropractors and learn more about how an orthopedic exam in Orem, Utah, can help you.
There are a variety of clinical orthopedic tests that our chiropractors may perform, including tests of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle. These tests target the various regions of the body and the various tissue types to correctly diagnose a functional problem, so that we can begin an appropriate treatment.
During your orthopedic exam, you can expect the following:
- A review of your medical history
- A discussion of pain or other symptoms, including what makes your discomfort increase or decrease
- Physical tests for flexibility, range of motion, and reflexes
- An exam of the affected area to check for swelling lumps, bulges, mottled or bruised skin, or other visible symptoms
- Imaging tests, such as X-rays
After your orthopedic evaluation has been completed, our chiropractors will discuss your treatment options with you to develop a customized treatment plan based on the results of your exam and your individual needs. This treatment plan may involve one or more chiropractic services.
If you have any questions about your orthopedic exam, or to make an appointment with our experienced chiropractors, please contact our office today.